Rum, Wooden Arrows, and the Pork Barrel Bailout
02/10/2008 § Leave a comment
The shock-doctrine peddlers are saying the world will end if the bailout isn’t passed. So you’d think that Congress would focus a little on fixing the financial crisis. Instead, the Senate bailout bill includes issues of vital national importance such as :
- Extension of economic development credit to American Samoa (p. 279)
- Rum excise tax to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands (p. 279)
- Motorsports racing track facility (p. 290)
- Wool modifications (p. 295)
- Children and wooden arrows (p. 300)
The list goes on and on . . . It also includes plenty of unfunded mandates.
Indeed, it seems like pork barrel politics as usual in Washington.
GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!